Posts Tagged ‘Mary Help of Christians Theology Seminary’
IN THE NAME OF GOD.
The fiftieth anniversary of the elevation of the See of Lingayen Dagupan to the rank of a Metropolitan Archdiocese on February 16, 1963 gives us a blessed opportunity to thank the Lord for the gift of the Christian faith in Pangasinan first planted in our soil in 1571 by the Augustinian friars. Since the establishment of the first Dominican mission in Binalatongan in 1587 which stands until now, to the creation of the Diocese of Lingayen in 1928, the grace of God has been overflowing in Pangasinan.
With the opening of the Mary Help of Christians Minor Seminary in 1929 and the establishment of the Mary Help of Christians College Seminary in 1985, the vineyard of the Lord continues to enjoy a rich harvest of dedicated and pious ministers at the service of this particular Church. In order to foster more priestly vocations so that the needs of the ordained ministry may be met for generations to come (CIC Canon 233) and in response to the collective prayerful discernment of the clergy and the people of God that a theology seminary be opened within our archdiocese, by virtue of the authority granted in me by the Code of Canon Law, we hereby decree the opening of the
Mary Help of Christians Theology Seminary
in Barangay Palapad
in the municipality of San Fabian
in the province of Pangasinan.
The theology seminary shall have a Charter of Priestly Formation in the spirit of the Updated Philippine Program for Priestly Formation of 2006.
Our vision in priestly formation is primarily depth in spirituality with Christ-like zeal in pastoral ministry, rooted in academic excellence within a communion of love in priestly brotherhood and incarnated in our Pangasinan history and culture.
With the prayers of the Blessed Mother of God whom we lovingly invoke as Mary Help of Christians, we invoke the blessings of Jesus the Good Shepherd upon this theology seminary.
Given this twenty fourth day of May in the year of the Lord two thousand and thirteen, Feast of Mary Help of Christians, and the first year of Pope Francis as Supreme Pontiff
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen Dagupan
Monsignor Rafael Magno Monsignor Oliver E. Mendoza
Vicar General and Chancellor Founding Rector
16 February 2012 – San Fabian, Pangasinan. “The Theology seminary is an act of gratitude to those who have gone before us.” Archbishop Socrates B. Villegas said in his homily during the concelebrated mass held for the groundbreaking for the Mary Help of Christians Theology Seminary. Msgr. Renato P. Mayugba, Auxiliary Bishop of Lingayen-Dagupan, Msgr. Jesus A. Cabrera, Bishop Emeritus of Alaminos and more than seventy priests. The mass was held at the parish church of St. Fabian, Pope and Martyr at 8:00 in the morning.
Gratitude. Proclamation. Legacy
Archbishop Villegas further said, “The Theology seminary is a proclamation of Christ’s presence among us.” It is also a “legacy that we will leave behind long after we have left this world. It is a legacy that will transcend our lifetime.”
Hundreds of the lay faithful with the religious of the Archdiocese attended the mass. The thirty-five parishes and chaplaincies sent representatives to join the celebration. The Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan Catholic Schools also sent representatives from their faculty and student community.
Golden Year, Golden Offering
In his pastoral letter on the opening of the jubilee year marking the fiftieth anniversary of the elevation of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Lingayen Dagupan in the year 2013,Archbishop Soc gratefully and with joy, wrote to the faithful of the Archdiocese, “The Church of Lingayen Dagupan is rich and wealthy in the golden graces of God! Indeed the true treasure of the Church is the Lord who is always present amongst His people. And God has always been with us.
“We entrust this year to Mary Help of Christians whose guiding hand has brought many of our young men to the altar as priests of her Son. As we now break the ground for the construction of the theology seminary, may our Mother guide us, give us courage and bring us to live for Jesus her Son.”
Motorcade to Palapad
A motorcade from the San Fabian Parish Church to the site of the future seminary in Barangay Palapad was held right after the Mass. The construction site was blessed and the names in the Libro na Panangaro Para Seminario were laid on the site of the future altar of the seminary chapel. A time capsule was also placed at the cornerstone of the future seminary.
A document “For Perpetual Memory” was also included in the time-capsule. It was signed by the Archbishop, his Auxiliary, the Bishop Emeritus of Alaminos, the members of the Archdiocesan Consultors, and the Mayor of San Fabian town.
The construction of the Theology seminary will start after the groundbreaking ceremonies. It is expected that the first phase of the construction will be finished after eight months. By June 2013, the seminary will open its doors to the first batch of Theology seminarians.
The Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan has been campaign hard for the funds to build the Theology seminary.
January 15, 2012
Feast of the Sto. Nino
My dear brother priests, religious sisters and parish lay leaders:
In order to get the Catholic faithful spiritually ready for the fiftieth anniversary of the elevation of Lingayen-Dagupan as a Metropolitan See, we shall open a year long preparatory period for this milestone ecclesial event. The opening of our Year of Jubilee due to take place on February 16, 2012 will have the following schedule of activities:
- Concelebrated Mass for the Groundbreaking for the Mary Help of Christians Theology Seminary to be held at eight o’clock in the morning at the Parish Church of San Fabian. The officers of the parish pastoral council with the parish youth leaders and representative teachers and students from all the Catholic Schools are expected to attend.
- A motorcade from the San Fabian Parish Church to the site of the future seminary in Barangay Palapad will be held right after the Mass. The construction site will be blessed and the names in the Libro na Panangaro Para Seminario will be laid on the site of the future altar of the seminary chapel. The deadline for the submission of the Libro na Panangaro will be on February 8, 2012 in order to qualify for the inclusion in the ground breaking rites.
- The Rite of Opening of the Jubilee Door will start at half past four in the afternoon at the Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist in the presence of all the parish lay leaders, members of lay associations and movements and all male fourth year students of all Catholic schools. All the catechists and Catholic school teachers are likewise expected to attend.
- Having opened the Jubilee Door, the Photo Exhibit for the Jubilee Year will be formally opened too inside the Metropolitan Cathedral. This photo exhibit is due to go around the five vicariates for the whole year. A half hour video presentation on priestly vocation will be shown before the Concelebrated Mass at half past five in the afternoon.
- There will be a barrio fiesta reception at the church patio immediately after the Mass open to everybody.
I entrust these activities to you with a request for your gracious presence and usual wholehearted participation. Thank you even now.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen-Dagupan