October 28, 2011
Feast of Saints Simon and Jude, Apostles
Golden Jubilee of the Archdiocese
My dear brother priests and religious sisters:
I am pleased to announce to you that we have started our preparations to open a Jubilee Year for the Archdiocese of Lingayen Dagupan on February 16, 2012 culminating the year after on the same date. The Diocese of Lingayen was created on May 19, 1928 with Bishop Cesar Maria Guerrero as the first bishop. It was renamed Diocese of Lingayen Dagupan on February 11, 1954 due to the destruction of the Lingayen Cathedral caused by the Second World War. On February 16, 1963, it was elevated to the rank of a metropolitan archdiocese with the late Archbishop Mariano Madriaga as the first archbishop.
We are blessed and we want to celebrate the greatness of the Lord. Please be informed that the following activities have been lined up to prepare for the Golden Jubilee in 2013:
- February 2012 Jubilee of Vocations
- March 2012 Jubilee of Fathers
- April 2012 Jubilee of Freedom and Mercy
- May 2012 Jubilee of the Youth
- June 2012 Jubilee of Mothers
- July 2012 Jubilee of the Laity
- August 2012 Jubilee of Farmers, Fishermen and Laborers
- September 2012 Jubilee of the Poor
- October 2012 Jubilee of Consecrated Life
- November 2012 Jubilee of Government and Business
- December 2012 Jubilee of Migrants and Immigrants
- January 2013 Jubilee of Children
- February 2013 Jubilee of Age and Wisdom
Please expect a pastoral letter to be issued to commemorate this happy occasion. I encourage our parishes, schools and Catholic institutions to align all their pastoral and apostolic programs to the jubilee program herein presented.
I entrust this jubilee year to the blessings of God through the hands of Our Lady of Manaoag. Let us work together for the spiritual success of this undertaking and the steady renewal of our Church.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen Dagupan