January 3, 2017
Most Holy Name of Jesus Memorial
RE: Archdiocesan Synod
My dear people of God:
In eager anticipation of our Synod due to be held in the Archdiocese of Lingayen Dagupan fromSeptember 2 to 9, 2017, we must prepare the survey questionnaires to help us better appreciate the socio-pastoral situation in our Church.
We shall have a meeting on January 13, second Friday, starting promptly at 8:00am until 12:00 noon at the Lay Formation Center, Bonuan Gueset, Dagupan City. The following are expected to be at the meeting during which we will validate the survey questionnaire:
1. All the diocesan and religious priests who exercise priestly ministry in the Archdiocese;
2. All local superiors of religious congregations of women (ARMWALD);
3. One lay representative per parish:
- From the Vicariate of Saints Peter and Paul, one lay representative per parish between 18 to 25 years old;
- From the Vicariate of the Epiphany, one lay representative per parish between 26 to 35 years old;
- From the Vicariate of Saint Thomas Aquinas, one lay representative per parish between 36 to 45 years old;
- From the Vicariate of Saint Dominic, one representative per parish between 46 to 55 years old;
- From the Vicariate of Saint Vincent, one representative per parish between 56 to 65 years old.
I request you to diligently and prayerfully choose the lay parish representative keeping in mind only the good of the Church. They must be morally and intellectually equipped to handle the duties of preparing for the Synod. This historical ecclesial event needs men and women from the parish communities who can truly represent the sentiments of our Catholic faithful.
Let us pray that the renewed Church we want to become may be blessed by God every step along the way.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen Dagupan