Archive for June 7, 2011
SEEKING COMMUNION IN CHARITY
In my letter to the People of God in the Archdiocese of Lingayen Dagupan about the Neo Catechumenal Way issued last May 1, 2010, I commended the Neo Catechumenal Way as “a gift of the Holy Spirit to the Church and society of our times. Its goal to bring people to fraternal communion and maturity of faith through the tripod of “Word of God-Liturgy-Community” is a gift from the Lord to His Church.
Like all gifts, the Neo Catechumenal Way must be cared for and protected from the effects of original sin in us. It must be shielded against the pride and arrogance of its leaders. Those who walk the Way must never be found lacking in charity and deviating from the path of Truth.”
Our pastoral charity for the members of the Catholic faithful who have taken the Neo form of essays Catechumenal Way moved us last year to impose various pastoral guidelines in order to preserve its stability and maintain its purity in the life of the Spirit. I reiterate that they were pastoral and not penal instructions.
I commend the leaders for diligently attending to the pastoral directive that the sections on the Church from the Catechism of the Catholic Church be read to the members as well as the fervent praying of the rosary in the weekly celebrations of the Word. I recognize the diligent reporting of the donations made by the members. The communities have shown their obedience to the pastors of the Church since the issuance of the pastoral guidelines.
Moved by the same pastoral charity that prompted us to issue the guidelines last year, in prayerful consultation with the members of our local clergy who have Neo Catechumenal communities in their parishes, we najmocniejsze leki na potecjД™, najsilniejsze leki na potencjД™, kamagra, viagra 150mg, Cialis 40mg , hereby issue the following instructions as a fruit of the year long moratorium that is due to end on June 12, 2011, Pentecost Sunday:
- While we recognize with faith and pastoral love the spiritual gifts that the Neo Catechumenal Way has brought to the Church, we must remind our Catholic faithful who now walk the Way that this is just one of the many and multifarious movements of renewal in the Church. The Church as a mother has a spot in her heart for all other lay associations and movements, lay ministries and apostolates evangelization programs and varied pastoral approaches. We must respect other movements and associations and be open to other ministries as the Spirit moves us, avoiding all the time any form of exclusivity and prejudice. I also admonish those who are walking the Way to consider that their parish priests, oftentimes laden with many pastoral duties, have to attend to all the Catholic faithful according to his limited time and physical capabilities.
- The prohibition to have special Masses for the Neo Catechumenal communities in parishes is lifted conditionally. Subject to the availability of the parish priests, the Neo Catechumenal communities may celebrate the Eucharist on Saturday evenings once a month. On the other Sundays of the month, the members must attend the regularly scheduled parish Masses. In the past year, members continued to comment that the parish Mass as prescribed by the Holy See was “lacking, incomplete and not as meaningful” as the Mass of the Neo Catechumenal Way. According to our pastoral judgment, the members of the Way have not yet reached the correct understanding that there is no difference between the Mass in the parish and the Mass with special groups. Let us take to heart the words of Blessed John Paul II “even when it is celebrated on the humble altar of a country church, the Eucharist is always in some way celebrated on the altar of the world. It unites heaven and earth. It embraces and permeates all creation” regardless of the song melodies or special gestures.
- Without consulting the Archbishop, the national team of the Neo Catechumenal Way unilaterally decided not to resume any steps for the communities in our archdiocese although these communities were due to receive them. Let it be said categorically that the Archbishop was not informed and did not approve of this decision from the national team. Consequently, all the communities deserving to receive steps must not be deprived of this progression in the Way. The moratorium on all initial catecheses and the opening of new communities ends on Pentecost Sunday this year.
- The praying of the rosary during the weekly celebration of the Word must be continued for another year.
- The pastors of parishes are counseled to give reasonable pastoral presence and care to the Neo Catechumenal communities in the parishes. The members of the Neo Catechumenal Way must be encouraged by the parish priests to join the other parish ministries, apostolates and associations. The pastors of parishes are likewise instructed to insure the orthodoxy of doctrine that is transmitted to the members during the weekly celebrations of the Word. The parish priests watch over the implementation of the Neo Catechumenal Way in the name of the Archbishop insuring that the discipline and doctrine of the Church are faithfully adhered to (cfr. Statutes Art 27). No new communities in the parish may be opened without the approval of the parish priest.
- The parish priests are hereby granted full authority in the name of the Archbishop to determine the schedule of the celebration of the monthly Eucharist and the weekly celebration of the Word or even to suspend some their activities if in his pastoral judgment they stand along the way of parochial pastoral programs or if the doctrine and discipline of the Church are undermined. I shall regularly seek the evaluation, recommendation and counsel of my brother parish priests in the spirit of fraternal communion to insure that the Neo Catechumenal communities truly contribute to the pastoral life of the faithful.
The pursuit of communion in faith and charity is the task that is laid out before us. I admonish the members of the Neo Catechumenal Way to always seek communion with the parish priests and the Buy Nexium and/or Generic Alternative. Buy Nexium online ( Esomeprazole вЂ“ Generic Alternative to Nexium ) As a trusted online pharmacy that is CIPA (Canadian International Pharmacy Association) certified, Online Pharmacies Canada is a reputable source for Nexium and other cheap parish community. Likewise, I encourage the parish priests to give the Neo Catechumenal communities in their parishes their pastoral care and charity recognizing in them the face of the Lord. The promotion of communion necessitates conversion of mindsets and paradigms for both the shepherd and the sheepfold. For this holy task of promoting communion in charity, I invoke my pastoral blessings so that in all things God may be glorified.
From the Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist, June 12, 2011, Pentecost Sunday
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen Dagupan
May 31, 2011
Feast of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary
RE: Sixtieth Sacerdotal Anniversary of the Pope Benedict XVI
My dear people of God:
The Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI will mark his CanadaDrugCenter offers Generic Nexium ( Esomeprazole ) at reasonable prices . Buy Nexium online at our licensed Canadian pharmacy and get best deal onВ sixtieth anniversary of his priestly ordination on June 29 this year. This will be an opportune occasion to express our thanksgiving to the Lord for the gift of holy priesthood in the Church as well as to manifest our loyalty to the Successor of Saint Peter.
In communion with the Catholic faithful all over the world, we in the Archdiocese of Lingayen Dagupan will hold sixty hours of adoration of the Blessed Sacrament for the intentions of the Holy Father as our spiritual gift to him on this memorable occasion.
We will begin with the celebration of the Eucharist on June 28, Vigil of the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul at five o’clock in the afternoon at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint John. After the Mass, the Blessed Sacrament will be transferred in procession to the Santuario de San Juan where the adoration will begin at six o’clock in the evening continuously until six o’clock in the morning of July 1, Solemnity of the Sacred Heart. The sixty hours of adoration will be concluded by a concelebrated Mass at the Santuario de San Juan.
We encourage our parish communities, Catholic schools, seminaries, lay organizations and religious Tadalafil 40mg . Vidalista 20 is generic tadalafil tablets, globally known as Cialis to treat sexual function problems such as Impotence or Erectile Dysfunction. congregations to inform the Chancery about their preferred time slot for the Eucharistic adoration so that we can adequately cover the entire sixty hour period.
The priesthood is a blessing. The papacy is a write good essays of high quality blessing. Let us thank God for His steadfast kindness to us.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen Dagupan
May 24, 2011
Feast of Mary Help of Christians
RE: Extraordinary Ministers for the Pastoral Care of the Sick (EMPCS)
My dear brother priests:
In order to better equip our lay Cialis is approved to treat erectile dysfunction (ED), the signs and Taking Cialis with finasteride when starting BPH treatment has been daily use ( 5 mg ). leaders to extend pastoral care to the sick and elderly in our parish communities, the Lay Formation Center will offer a formation seminar for the Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC) who bring Holy Communion to the sick and elderly outside the Mass.
The training module that we regularly give to the EMHC’s do not equip them with skills about pastoral care of the sick and knowledge of church rules on the care of the Blessed Sacrament outside the church. Understandably, they also need to have some knowledge of catechetical methods to prepare the sick and their families for the sacraments of healing. These will be the scope best essay writing service of the short training that we will offer to the Extraordinary Ministers for the Pastoral Care of the Sick (EMPCS).
The training will be held on June 17 and 18, 2011 at the Lay Formation Center, Bonuan Gueset, Dagupan City with the following schedule:
- Vicariate of Queen of Apostles on June 17 from 8:00 am until 12:00
- Vicariate of Queen of Angels on June 17 from 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm;
- Vicariate of Our Lady of the Rosary on June 18 from 8:00 am until
- Vicariate of Queen of Peace on June 18 from 1:00 pm until 5:00pm.
- Please take note of the following requirements:
- The EMPCS’s must be duly commissioned EMHC’s and have completed the required updating seminar for this year;
- They carry a letter of recommendation from the parish priest;
- They pay the seminar fee of one hundred pesos for the snacks and seminar venue.
The EMPCS may start their ministry to the sick as soon as they have completed the seminar and after June 18, only the duly commissioned EMPCS may bring Holy Communion to the Sick outside the Mass.
I trust that you understand that the rationale behind this added formation is to insure that the Blessed Sacrament is reverently cared for outside the church and that the sick and elderly, treasures of our Church, are given Christ-like pastoral care and attention. May I humbly call your attention to the title given them, i.e., extraordinary, because the ordinary minister for the pastoral care of the sick is the priest and bishop. While our Catholic laity gladly and generously attend to this task, we must keep the fire of our love for the sick ever aglow. Pastoral visits of the priests to the sick and elderly are always pleasing in the sight of the Lord.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Cheapest prices Pharmacy. Buy Generic Nexium. Online Drugstore, Order Nexium online Dream Pharmaceutical. Lingayen Dagupan
May 18, 2011
RE: Commissioning and Renewal Rites of Lay Ministers
My dear brother priests:
Please be reminded that the Commissioning and Renewal Rites of Lay Ministers of the parish must be done during the Principal Mass Tadalafil (Cialis) is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence; inability to get or keep an erection), and the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH of the parish on Pentecost Sunday which falls on June 12 this year. The prescribed rites for the commissioning and renewal have been given to you last year. You are kindly advised to bestow parish commissioning not only to the lay liturgical ministers but also to the social action ministers and catechists in order to underline the various charisms present in the Church.
Acting on the request of the lay ministers (liturgical, social action and catechists) who have completed their various summer updating and formation programs, for a common celebration to mark their completion of the summer requirements, we shall have a Mass on June 11, 2011 at the Cathedral of Saint John for the Lay Liturgical Ministers at 4:00 pm and for the Social Action Ministers and Catechists at 5:30 pm. It will only be a Pentecost Vigil Mass to mark the end of the summer formation program but the Rites of Commissioning and Renewal must still take place the following day in the parish churches with the parish priests presiding at the principal Mass.
Let me take this occasion to assure you of my personal appreciation on-line essay writing services for your efforts to rekindle the fire of lay ministries in the Church. This is the hope of the Church for this new millennium.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Since the comfortable soil it has been especially located, buy Nexium online canada and behavioral of its london hours undoubtedly put widely. The work was Lingayen Dagupan