Archive for March 9, 2011
A COMMUNITY (ULUPAN) OF CHRIST’S DISCIPLES
CALLED TO CHRISTIAN WITNESSING
LIVING OUT THE SPIRITUALITY OF I.C.T.H.U.S.
UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF OUR LADY OF MANAOAG.
“Ulupan” is a Pangasinan word that literally means “association or grouping.” It is a word that reminds the clergy of the Archdiocese of their formation years in the seminary when they committed themselves to becoming a community of brothers dedicated to fostering their growth in the priestly vocation. This community that is envisioned is called and formed by Christ, hence, this community is called to Discipleship. It is a community that is called to encounter Christ, the Word made flesh. (This item gets us into the spirit of PCP II and the Apostolic Exhortation, Verbum Domini.)
The call to Christian witnessing reminds the community of disciples that Christianity is about “walking the talk.” True discipleship must be manifested or lived in the world. Authentic disciples become the “salt of the earth and the light of the world.” (This item takes into consideration the challenge posed by the Church and a reminder of the etymological and metaphoric significance of Pangasinan – “asin ng pamayanan.”)
The community of disciples are committed to making Jesus Christ, Son of God and Savior of the World, present through a way of life (Spirituality) that is marked by: (i) the Integration of Faith and Life; (ii) attention to Cialis 20 mg , order Cialis online – Online pharmacy, cheap prices.! Save time and costs. Money back guarantee. Catechesis; (iii) love for the Eucharist – THanksgiving; (iv) promotion of Unity in Diversity, and (v) life of Service with special attention to the poor. (This item spells out the “new vision” and the goals of the Archdiocese.)
The community of disciples in ALD take Our Lady of Manaoag as patroness and model. (This item underscores the Marian devotion of ALD. It also reminds the ALD to keep on listening to God’s continuous “call” to holiness, and the special call to young men and women to the priesthood and religious life.)
ALD GOALS (ICTHUS)
INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LIFE
- Initiate formation programs for a renewed and mature personal life in the context of stewardship spirituality
- Inolvement and participation of the Church in socio-political, socio-economic, socio-ecological institutions
- Integrate all archdiocesan offices and ministries into a defined organizational structure
- Intensify family involvement (not just individual apostolates) in the mission of the Church
- Coordinated comprehensive systematic continuous sustained and updated catechetical program for the youth and children (common to all parishes):
- Clear and catechist-friendly catechetical programs for all grade levels in the elementary schools
- Catholic schools send 3RD year and 4th Buy Nexium online the purple pill FDA approved Acid Reflux prescription medication affordable prices from accessrx.com, an online pharmacy. Treat GERD andВ year students as catechists to selected public elementary schools thereby extending catechetical programs/services to more children.
- Structured archdiocesan support system for the formation and support of catechists
- Define qualifications/competency (knowledge, skills, values, attitudes) requirements for volunteer catechists
- Monitoring and supervision of performance of catechists
- Eucharistic spirituality that is truly inculturated and biblically based and socially engaged is actively promoted, deepened and sustained.
- Encourage popular devotions that lead to and flow from the Eucharist, the source and summit of Christian life.
- Educational financial assistance for seminarians (our future priests)
UNITY IN DIVERSITY
- U problems with writing essays se all social and ecclesial initiatives that promote communio among the laity, religious and clergy on the parish, vicariate and archdiocesan levels. (sports, prayer meetings, civic organizations, conventions, etc)
- Conduct regular pastoral gatherings to promote ICTHUS
- Academic and non-academic Olympics among Catholic schools and parish youth leaders to strengthen bonding, unity, camaraderie, and brotherhood among our youth.
- Integration of all church organizations to promote unity through programs of service, prayer and formation.
SERVICE, JUSTICE, and CHARITY
- Strengthen/reorganize CARITAS Lingayen Dagupan and parish-based Caritas
- o Medical and dental outreach
- o Housing assistance
- o Livelihood and micro financing
- o Educational scholarship programs
- o Social advocacies